End of Month List: July 2021


End of Month List: July 2021

If there is one thing I had to say about July, it is that it was... interesting. Due to time constraints, June 31st has been counted among the days of July, sorry. Anyway, June 31st opened with some Korean rookies and debuts making a lot of noise, mostly due to some really strong content. Just B was my favorite, and Damage remains arguably a strong highlight.

On July 1st, K-Pop gave us around 9 major comebacks, none of which were truly memorable, except the parody that N.O.M's Mega Punch is. The month then went quiet until July 8, when BTS, Billie Eilish, Justin Bieber, and Kid Laroi all returned... with way too many sleepy tracks, all forgettable. Surprisingly, the Justin Bieber and Kid Laroi track was the best, that says a lot about the month.

The rest of the month was spent waiting for August to arrive. Japan had some decent songs thereafter, but that was it. It was a crazy month, between the Olympics, rising COVID cases in East Asia, and various troublesome musical controversies, ranging from Kris Wu's evil content, and the hate Mina is getting from social media, especially when it is clear that she is traumatized, and not in a good mental state.

I also had a busy month, and am glad I decided to ease my schedule. Despite that, I had a great month of blogging, with my ranking of all BTS singles reaching nearly 900 views already, and my blog, 100,000. This was easily my most successful month by views, and I had a whole lot of fun writing the posts. So thank you to all of you, your support has truly been great.


Songs of the Month

Honorable Mentions

ATEEZ - Dreamers

BDC - Moonlight

CIX - Tesseract

Dreamcatcher - BEcause, Whistle, Alldaylong, A Heart of a Sunflower

Enhypen - Forget me Not

Hey! Say! JUMP - Gensei Runaway

Just B - Get Away

Kingdom - Karma

Kinki Kids - Un/Pair

N.O.M - Mega Punch

Ryuji Imaichi - Highway to the Moon

Sekai No Owari - Tears

Snow Man - Yuan

Soyeon - Beam Beam

Taeyeon - Weekend

The Boyz - Drink It


5. Rat City, Isak Heim - Rather Be


4. Akdong Musician - Hey Kid, Close Your Eyes Ft. Lee Sun Hee


3. Omega X - Younger


2. Ryuji Imaichi - Future Lovers


1. Just B - Damage


Albums of the Month

This was a sleepy month for albums, yet to hear anything worth the award.


Music Videos of the Month

Rat City, Isak Heim - Rather Be

Akdong Musician - Hey Kid, Close Your Eyes



Image Source: Wikimedia

Comments

  1. did you listen to somi dumb dumb? Curious to hear your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I did listen to it! I Plan to get around and review it soon. But in case I don't, I'll note that I actually kind of like it. The verses are absolutely terribly, and they don't do anything for Somi's miniscule discography. But that chorus is pretty amazing, pulling together for Teddy's best drop in a while :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for putting up the review. I also think the beat drop is nice, I just find it ridiculously short which is it's fatal flaw

      Delete

Post a Comment