Top 50 Songs of 2020: 40 - 31

  

Top 50 Songs of 2020: 40 - 31

40. Stray Kids - Top

An ambitious anime opening, 3Racha really throw everything at you in Top. The verses are filled with orchestral hip-hop, which is way better than it sounds, all leading to the massive drop at the chorus's heart.

39. TXT - Blue Hour

Like many others, I find the dance break version the superior version of the track. TXT nail the lighthearted feel at the song's heart, while the vocal processing is less annoying with age. Sure, it is not art, nor is it deep, but Blue Hour will put a smile on your face. But still, that bridge should have been a coda. Now just sit and watch as the pre-chorus gets stuck in your head.

38. Bang Yedam - Wayo

By this point, I do not think that this site is a favorite of the Treasure fandom, for... reasons. Despite this, I really am looking forward to the future of the group, and Wayo is how it should be. Emotional to the core, there is no denying Yedam's golden vocals driving the song. Also, the climax is pure genius.

37. TXT - Ghosting

Ghosting is a dreamy and hazy rock track. TXT, with less than two years since debut, have built a reputation for great b-sides, and Ghosting is proof of this. There is something heartbreaking and heartwarming behind the twisted vocals driving the song.

36. Reol - Q?

Quite likely the weirdest track on the countdown, this Digimon OST is strangely addictive. A hellish brew of Reol's voice, and quite literally every single electronic musical sound. Q? refuses to play by the rules, with a second verse rap (wait, Reol can rap?!), and a crazy electronic breakdown in the end which is surprisingly anthemic.

35. The Midnight Romance - Midnight Romance

So many artists this year tried to be 'authentic' 80s, but few actually delivered, and fewer consistently. Of those, The Midnight Romance might just be the best, and nothing beats their first track after re-debut. Driven by Minue's charismatic vocals and the actual 80s-sounding instrumental, Midnight Romance is an experience not to miss.

34. Hey! Say! JUMP - I Am

Admittedly my least listened to track on this countdown, that does nothing to deny I Am's powerful anthemic energy. The guitar in the track helps drive things forward, while the vocals supply ample emotion. Just like another J-Pop group (Sexy Zone), it is gratifying to see Hey! Say! JUMP grow up. The chorus is especially amazing. The violin segment in particular is amazing.


33. YooA - Bon Voyage

In a year where most of us are stuck at home, YooA gave us that organic and wild feel that we all miss. There is just something in this song that makes it feel like that world you want to be in. To me, this is the breather we all needed.

32. TXT - Everlasting Shine

Music makes us feel stuff, and I feel a lot when listening to TXT's Everlasting Shine. Sure, it may not be fully ambitious, nor does the autotune help, but is just uplifting. It feels like rising from your failures, to stand with your strengths proudly.

31. SixTONES - Navigator

I love it when a song is cinematic to the full extent. It should be a story, be it calm or aggressive, it should throw everything in. In a way, this is the way I would describe SixTONES-'s second single Navigator. The strings driving the track are fantastic, making the whole piece sound even more epic.

Comments

  1. This is interesting! I am glad that TXT made the cut. Also surprised that Navigator is in this already. I'm really curious to see the Top 30. But a very stiff competition is really evident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, have you heard or known Tha Yakeen by Nahid Akhtar. It was my first Pakistani song and of the Indian subcontinent sphere to listen to. It is still legendary until now for me.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I think I have heard it before, but it has been some time.

      It is a pretty good song, reminds me of the type of Gujarati or Rajasthani folk songs of the era, rather than the Indo-disco trending at the time. If you like it, check out the music from Mughal-e-Azam, Kranti, and Baiju Bawara. Who knows, you might end up finding a new world of music!

      The previous comment was removed due to a grammatical error.

      Delete
    4. New you would be glad to see TXT make the cut, I am surprised too that Ghosting and Blue Hour grew on me quite a bit. Everlasting Shine practically is a masterpiece to be autotuned to the core and still be that amazing!

      Yep, the top 30 are so competitive, and some favorites fell out of the top 10. It just shows that overall, 2020 was a pretty good year for music!

      Delete
    5. I meant knew instead of new, sorry. Busy time and I am sort of muddle-headed in my grammar due to that!

      Delete
    6. Oh its ok. I always make a lot of grammatical mistakes though. Anyways I'm glad you know Tha Yakeen, I've been finding it but I didn't know the name until I shazamed it. I'm expecting FORCE to be a solid track since Mrs. Green Apple produced it. PLEASE NO AUTOTUNE!

      Delete
    7. You can say that on the TXT song! No autotune PLEASE!

      Delete

Post a Comment