Review: TXT- Blue Hour

Minisode1 - Blue Hour.jpg
By Photo Source, Wikimedia, Fair use, Link

Review: TXT- Blue Hour

August's 'Dynamite' has slowly grown to be one of my favorite post-2017 BTS singles. It has that fun vibe you do not always see in modern popular western vibe, it is a spiritual successor to 'Can't stop the feeling', and I love it for that. I mention this as TXT's 'Blue Hour' was probably one of the songs that were suggested as a draft for Dynamite.

Probably my biggest issue with Dynamite was the heavy vocal processing, which is why I almost exclusively listen to the VMA performance. This issue is repeated by Blue Hour, as the vocal processing threatens to destroy the fun, youthful, and childlike vibe. Thankfully, not all lines are pre-recorded in the music show versions (some are, and among those, some more obviously than others).

The chorus is not as instantly catchy as Dynamite's, but it still is fun. I wish they would get their vocals into a chorus like that of 'Crown' though. The verses are fun, and definitely a standout in the song.

The ace of the song is undoubtedly TXT themselves. TXT is one of the few groups that properly feel like they are going for that teen market. 'Crown' showed the happiness of the new age, 'Run Away' showed the fear of growing and new responsibilities and pressure, 'Can't you see me' showed peer pressure and the fear of the age. Finally, Blue Hour shows the fun of the era, no matter how temporary. And this its triumphs (though the vocal processing nearly de-rails this). Finally, between this being '5:53', and Run Away being '9 3/4', Big Hit needs someone better to give TXT's single's Korean titles. Oh, and the bridge is an absolute triumph that should have been a coda.

Rating: 8.5/10

Comments

  1. I absolutely agree. The bridge should've had a coda, in that way it could have gotten better. Well, frankly speaking the vocals are really processed in a "ethereal" way of some-sorts in the vocal production that is the reason of the heavy processing. I actually disliked that part of Dynamite but nonetheless, a breath of fresh air. 10/10. Trackscore: 83

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not gonna lie, when I listen to the song just for the sake of it and not for reviewing, my listen will end with the coda. Glad you loved the track so much, but I still hold that someone needs to tell Big Hit to stop the vocal processing.

      Delete
    2. I do agree I guess... maybe... I hope.... That is their main problem.

      Delete

Post a Comment