End of Month List: August 2022


End of Month List: August 2022

August was an all-round average month, but I feel I may have enjoyed it more had my schedule been different. I had to enter a minor hiatus, meaning I could not enjoy songs at the pace that I personally like. Before I start talking about this month, I quickly want to note July's Sparkling by Chungha. I didn't even review it when it came out, as I wasn't really impressed with it, but it has now become one of my favorite synth-pop songs this year, and it is not even close. That chorus is really impressive!

For this month, there were several songs I found overrated. Beyonce's album was... good, even if not perfect. Golden Child released a groovy song that I wish just was a bit more melodic, and while Girls' Generation's single was fine, it failed to live up to their older highlights.

My favorite songs of the month came from expected places, even as other expected artists failed to live up to their potential. Key, in particular, gained some appreciation due to his excellent new LP. Can he do no wrong? A special note to Arijit Singh's Deva Deva and From20's Chemical, which nearly made the top 5 songs.


Songs of the Month:

Arijit Singh & Jonita Gandhi - Deva Deva

Beyonce - Alien Superstar

Billlie - Ring Ma Bell (What a Wonderful World)

Billy Idol - Cage

From20 - Chemical

Girls' Generation - Forever 1, You Better Run

Golden Child - Replay, 3! 6! 5!

Key - Bound, Villain, Guilty Pleasure, I Can't Sleep, Delight, Burn

Reol - Agitate

Tove Lo - 2 Die 4

Twice - Talk That Talk

Yena - Smartphone

Youha - Last Dance



5. TVXQ - The Reflex (Full Review)

Purchase TVXQ's Utsuroi poster right here! (sorry, they don't have the album on Amazon)


4. Key - Gasoline (Full Review)

Purchase Key's Gasoline right here!


3. IVE - After Like (Full Review)

Purchase and listen to IVE's After Like right here!


2. NIK - La Vida Loca (Full Review)

Listen to and purchase NIK's La Vida Loca right here!


1. Key - Another Life (Full Review)

Purchase Key's Another Life and Gasoline album right here!



Albums of the Month:

Beyonce - Renaissance

Key - Gasoline

Purchase Key's Gasoline right here!


Music Videos of the Month:

Key - Gasoline

Reol - Agitate

From20 - Chemical

Purchase From20's Chemical right here!


Image Source: Wikimedia

Comments

  1. You were able to find good song despite being on minor hiatus. As usual, I did not many songs on list, but I like to check it out same. I always some good gems on your list. all the best on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cooking Diva! I am glad that you check out my blog despite our differing tastes, there is always something interesting to see from other opinions :)

      Delete
  2. Wow i love this list!! I love everything in the top 5 and thanks for mentioning Sparkling it's my fave song for the summer! I'm glad you discovered NIK's La Vida Loca as well as it is a really good song too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for La Vida Loca and Sparkling! I just reviewed Sparkling, it is such a great song, isn't it!

      Delete
    2. Yes it's fantastic!! Also Chemical is great!

      Delete

Post a Comment