End of Month List: June 2022


End of Month List: June 2022

To put it lightly, June was a snooze fest. If the year keeps up at its previous track record, it is entirely possible that not a single song from June would make it into my year-end top 100, let alone my top 50. So much music this month was boring. There were a lot of A-List songs, but many of them bored me. Is it any surprise then, that Kate Bush (deservedly) came surging back through the charts?

The one place which did not seem to be intrinsically affected by this was Japan. I didn't review all highlights, but some did make my top five.

I eased the restrictions on the list, allowing any song in the low 8s into the honorable mentions, but they still remain sparse. Hopefully, the next few months speed things up, or the indie scene continues to thrive, as mainstream music is especially middling this time around. The same stands true for albums.


Honorable Mentions:

Ado - New Era

Beyonce - Break My Soul

Dotter - Only Good Die Alone

Kep1er - Up!

MCND - WAT1

Nayeon - Pop, No Problem

Wonho - Crazy



5. NEWS - Loser


4. NELN - STMN


3. BTS - Run BTS


2. LAUSBUB - Solaris


1. Miyavi - Futurism


Albums of the Month

Nayeon - I'm Nayeon


Music Videos of the Month

BTS - Yet To Come

LAUSBUB - Solaris


Image Source: Wikimedia

Comments

Post a Comment