Random Musical Thoughts


 Random Musical Thoughts

This post could alternatively be titled, 'I am too busy to write an actual review today, so I'll just type down my thoughts. This type of style is popular on YouTube, so why can't I do it?



- Between Rocket Rocket and Beautiful Beautiful, are we entering a trend of repeating a word twice for a song title? 


- Whenever I hear One Ok Rock's Renegades, I think that after the line "For all of the times that they said it's impossible" to be followed by "We will show that it is actually possible". So thanks, Eric Saade's Popular.


- As a blogger, I can tell you, that I scheduled a lot of posts. Now, I wonder, do big companies like Rolling Stone write their reviews before the album comes out, or when it is first available for reviewers, and schedule it for later, taking the weekend off.


- So I kept track of the songs I listened to for a week. The results told a lot. I listened to a lot of sad ballads on Monday and party tracks on Friday.


- My blog actually gets a lot of hits, and I now am well above triple the amount, but I think I went a little overboard when I got 25K hits and used it to create a 'follow' feature for the blog, and list some great bloggers. It was a great piece, and a strong recommendations list which I still update, but somehow it has become my most viewed post yet!? Some recent posts will possibly cross it, but it really is surprising.


- Speaking of which. I have a great number of hits recently, and some songs I review don't have too many views. Maybe the artists' read my reviews?


- Speaking of which, some of my reviews have more views than the songs? I have no idea how that happened. YouTube is weird.


- I get a lot of spam, some of it really, really stupid. I mean, this is a music site. If you wanna promote your viruses products, promote them on blogs that fit. I doubt that people wanting to date hot girls or play e-poker would be more present in a K-Pop site than sites more tuned for those subjects. I have deleted all the spam, but it often gets passed the checks.


- One of my most viewed reviews is SHINee's Attention. How did that happen?! It has more views than my reviews of any BTS song, most SHINee songs, and Blackpink song. What is more, the review is not even one of my better ones, it is literally TWO PARAGRAPHS! More people have read my two-paragraph b-side review which I wrote in less than 5 minutes than my in-depth reviews of ONF, BTS, or many other golden acts.


- If you are reading this still, you are probably as bored as me.


Sorry for the lethargic post. Blogging is exhausting, and I know there are great songs, but I could not find myself to write a review today, and thus just wrote this nice little post. Hope you enjoyed reading it!


Image Source: Random Republic

Comments

  1. Not the Eric Saade part LMAO! That cracked me up so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I was wondering if anyone would get that! But then again, I just did a Eurovision ranking, so it makes sense to crack an occasional Eurovision joke.

      Popular era Eric Saade would basically fit into any early-2010s K-Pop group. I could see him being a hidden member of Beast or VIXX. Hell, scenes in the MV look like outtakes from Beast's Shock. Not a bad thing though lol.

      Delete
  2. Just wanted to say that you're one of my favorite bloggers. It just fits so well when you casually describe/encapsulate songs poetically. If that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bluemonday! Glad to have you comment here always :)

      Delete
  3. Yeah very well said thoughts. I mean 108 has always been my blog to be. I always check out what is good or bad. Sometimes we disagree but mostly I agree with the criticisms as I felt the same way too. Also blogging is really exhausting. That is the reason I was so lethargic these past few days. I HAVE A LOT TO DO.

    Well, at least some groups get more views than others but in a weird way. But then that is just the part of unpredictability about it. This is one of the most innovative and best blogs I've ever seen so far. Well, now gotta go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks StillBantan! Your support during the start of the blog was motivating!

      Yeah, blogging is draining. I am not sure if I'll be able to keep up this one-per-day policy too long. Blogging is hard, and I also am busy.

      The unpredictability is always so fun lol.

      Once again, thanks so much!

      Delete
  4. I'm confused. So you have a Youtube channel where you do reviews?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I think I phrased it wrong lol. I don't have a music YouTube channel. I was saying that for some of the indie songs that I reviewed, my review has more views than the original song on YouTube, and saying it may have to do with how YouTube counts views only for full video views. I toyed with the idea of a review YouTube channel a few times, but I have my hands full with the blog itself lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment