Every Single 10/10 Song of the Last Five Years


Every Single 10/10 Song of the Last Five Years

Readers may know I rarely give out 10s, even in the long term. In this post, I will list all songs I would personally give a 10/10 that have come out since January 1, 2017 (a bit more than five years, I know). It is a surprisingly sparse list, but I hope this convinces everyone to try these songs. For simplicities sake, I excluded classical music and film/game soundtracks. Keep in mind this is a fluid list, and songs might grow to a ten someday. A nearly 10 is roughly a 9.8 or 9.9 in my books!


2021

Nearly 10's: My War/Boku No Sensou (Shinsei Kamattechan), I Really Want You (SHINee)


Hikaru Utada - One Last Kiss


2020

Nearly 10's: Reason for Dance (Yurina Hirate), Across Endless Dimensions (Dimash Qudaibergen), New World (ONF), Kite (Arashi), Samajavaragamana (Sid Sriram)


Miyavi - Bang


Official Hige Dandism - Laughter



2019

Nearly 10's: Under Cover (A.C.E), Gottasade (BewhY), Midnight Queen (Goo Hara), What If (India Arie), Miroh (Stray Kids), Full Stop (G.E.M), Hot Hot Hot (TVXQ)

TVXQ - Master



2018

Nearly 10's: Complete (ONF), Dejavu (AAA), Yuve Yuve Yu (The Hu), Wake Me Up (Blue Fox), Electric Kiss (EXO), See Sea (Hyolyn), Be Myself (Daichi Mirua)


Sunmi - Heroine



2017

Nearly 10's: Hamsa Naava (Deepu, Sony), Back:Hug (Snuper), Move (Taemin), Untitled, 2014 (G-Dragon), Black or White (Cross Gene), New (Yves)


Mayday - Life of Planet


Sreenidhi, V. Srisoumya - Kanna Nidurinchara


Duo Liang/Huang Qishan - Qing Ping Yuan



Snuper - The Star of Stars


Nissy - Eternal Live


Ninety One - Mooz

Comments

  1. This is a pretty interesting segment omg. Makes the songs more special looking back at them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! My War, Miroh, Be Myself, Complete--what made them nearly, but not quite, 10/10 for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Electric Kiss and DEJAVU, too! I love all these songs xD)

      Delete
    2. Great picks as always!

      The reason none of those songs are not 10s (just yet):

      My War: I love it conceptually and lyrically, it is perhaps the greatest song of 2021 in sheer musical skill. Unfortunately, it is not very replay-able, hence why it is not a 10 just yet.

      Miroh: Miroh is a great song, but it is a tad repetitive. The raps certainly make up for that.

      Be Myself: Simply time, I really did not care for it back in 2018. With each listen, it gets closer to a 10. Maybe the post-chorus is the slowest to grow on me.

      Complete: Probably the bridge, which I felt could just go a little harder. It is nearly a 10 though, as everything surrounding it is pitch-perfect pop.

      Electric Kiss: I love Electric Kiss and how hard it go. Hook after hook! Given how incredible everything it is, the chanted first-phase of the chorus is just a tad underwhelming, but the second phase of the chorus brings it back really quick.

      Dejavu: Along with My War, I am 99% sure that Dejavu will eventually become a 10. I initially found the chorus off-putting, but it just came together perfectly over time.

      Delete
    3. Your explanations make sense to me, especially Miroh's repetitiveness and My War's moodiness. And you left wanting by Complete's bridge. Thank you for taking the time and effort to explain!

      Delete
    4. Anonymous = Bluemonday sorry xD

      Delete
    5. Glad you understood, was worried I wrote too much lol!

      Delete
  3. Snuper - The Star of Stars is quite wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment