10/10 - Music's most listened to songs in 2020

CD icon test.svg
By, CC BY-SA 3.0, Link, Wikipedia

 10/10 - Music's most listened to songs in 2020

I listened to a lot of music in 2020. At times, it helped make 2020 feel more normal, at others, it helped me let my emotions let loose.

I listened to music on YouTube, on iTunes, on Spotify, and from CDs. Thus, keeping track of my most played songs was hard. Thus, I could not list the songs in a ranked system. I was, with certain credibility, able to find the five songs I played the most this year. Some of them surprised me. The list features more tracks from the first half of the year (obviously, since those songs got up to double the amount of time with me than even the earliest songs from the second half), and late 2019 songs featured quite well too. 

There were some really old songs throughout, some of which came back stronger than ever this year. I hope you enjoy looking over these songs. Keep in mind that these are not my favorite songs of 2020, but my most played, there is a difference.

I have removed all instrumental, classical, or devotional songs of any kind.

Most Played Song in 2020:


2-5 Most Played Songs of 2020 (Unranked):





Other Songs on Heavy Repeat in 2020:



















Any surprises? Hope you enjoyed looking at this list!

Comments

  1. I loved your list, we do have the same tastes indeed I listened to a lot of ATEEZ in their peak career (last year), and I always play Rising Sun every week. So Indeed a strong list with much of Indian, Japan and Chinese music also Dimash, yes my favorite vocalist of the 21st century.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a suggestion if you don't mind, you can track your songs with an MP3 music player, Musicolet or maybe track everything from any device with Last.FM. I plan to use Last.FM in full capacity next year. As I can finally share my full list.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, ya I basically listen to a lot of Asian music. I don't think the west has provided me that musical excitement since the early 2010s. With that said, 2020 felt like the start of a new era, and I have once again started enjoying western releases. Dotter's Bulletproof, Lady Gaga's Rain on Me, The Mamas' Move, The Weeknd's Blinding Lights are just some of the fantastic western songs this year.

      I do use an MP3 player, but I just started using it recently (within the last few weeks), so I do not have the full stats for the whole year, and most of that is split between Napster, Spotify, YouTube, iTunes, radio stations, and CDs, I guess I listen to music everywhere!

      Delete
  2. Finally, here is my video on the NIA 2020! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th16GpNbHQw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice list!!!

      I found it interesting that Big Hit artists won basically everything they could, BTS and Enhypen in particular. A little surprised at Black Swan and MOTS:7 winning hip-hop awards, because I don't really consider them hip-hop.

      Just curious, what is the difference between record of the year and song of the year in your awards, because if it was how the grammys have it, PDOGG would be the co-winner of record of the year.

      Great list, enjoyed it, thanks StillBangtan :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for watching! Indeed, you hit the nail, PDOGG also won Record of the Year along with its Mixers/Engineers. Song of the Year is given to the songwriters/arrangers, also if at least 70% of the group is involved in the production the whole group will also receive an award. Also about the Big Hit artists' part, it was actually weird as I didn't even expect to see a Big Hit sweep.

      Interestingly, look at who won Best Compilation Soundtrack: Itaewon Class OST - 51.85% (14 voters) - Studio Curiosity, Judah Earl, Park Sung-il, FRAKTAL, Woosung, Gaho, Lee Chan-sol, Ben Folds, Sondia, The Vane, Kim Feel, Ha Hyun-woo, Kim Taehyung, Yoon Mi-rae, Crush, VERIVERY, DAMON. Hooray for VERIVERY! They won an NIA!

      Delete
    3. Breakdown! https://deforestedmusic.wordpress.com/2020/12/20/11th-national-insider-awards/

      Delete
    4. I guess Big Hit was popular in western critic circles as they got the most publicity, which helped them win.

      Delete

Post a Comment