Music I Liked: February 2024


Music I Liked: February 2024

Didn't hear too much, busy month.


Caroline Polachek - Spring Is Coming With A Strawberry In Her Mouth (Song of the Month)

I liked last year's Desire, I Want To Turn Into You, its repackage makes it even more better. I really like Butterfly Net and Come, but this remake of an old unknown '80s synthpop song might be one of the best Caroline Polachek songs ever. The subtle build, the towering hook, everything is awesome here. The Production, Oh Gosh!


Conan Gray - Lonely Dancers

Conan Gray's turn to hard '80s synth-pop has worked really, really well. Lonely Dancers does a great job blending his earlier, light-hearted vocal style through the verses with a pummeling chorus that became an instant earworm. Between this and Never Ending Song, I am extremely excited for Conan's next album.


Cravity - Love Or Die

Why are the three best songs this month from artists starting with "C"? I never got around to Cravity's revival the way others had, but gosh Love Or Die is great. I love the dark, Golden Child-esque pop melody.


Dua Lipa - Training Season

Not as good as Houdini, or any of the Future Nostalgia mega-hits, but its a solid enough Dua Lipa single. I like it.


IU - Shopper

Of all the ways for DPR Ian to break out, appearing in and directing an IU MV was never high on the list. Either way, the Taylor Swift-esque synth-pop of Shopper, with its anti-consumerist themes, is quite solid. I still prefer Love Wins All, though.


Twice - I Got You

I didn't much care for One Spark, but I Got You continues Twice's golden streak. Since 2019, Twice have hardly released a bad song, and their singles are always solid, sometimes amazing. Dare I say it, I am a bit of a fan now, and I Got You is a great celebration of the group.


Vampire Weekend - Capricorn & Gen-X Cops

I couldn't pick one. Both these new singles from American rock band Vampire Weekend are amazing and must-hears. Gen-X Cops is closer to rock, and I love its slow, melodic, and soft sound. Capricorn also hits like a ton of bricks. Both are must listens, and nearly became my songs of the month. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually rose to be my favorites.



Young Posse - Young Posse Up Ft. Verbal Jint, NSW Yoon, Token

Young Posse's debut single Macaroni Cheese was one of my ten worst songs of 2023, so I was pleasantly surprised with its follow-up Young Posse Up. It is a little generic, sounding like a Korean Just Wanna Rock, but the chorus is solid.


Image Source: DIY Mag

Comments