New Series: Golden Era Bollywood Reviews!

 

New Series: Golden Era Bollywood Reviews!

I often see people geek out about their favorite times and places in music. The 60's in American music, the 80's in Japanese, the 90's in Korean, and so on.

For me, my favorite era of music is the Golden Era of Bollywood. It was a truly magical time in history. Most people correlate Bollywood with cheesy dance numbers. This may be true, but from the late 1940s to the early/mid-1970s (though for movies it ended in the late 60's), Bollywood was a place of art music. Singers were highly talented and traditionally trained, the lyricists were at the peak of their game, and the producers/music directors were perfect.

This feature was inspired by The Bias List's feature "The 90's J-Pop Roadmap".

I will jump in every now and then and review a song from this era. So strap in, and discover a new yet golden world of music.

Note: I may pause this feature on some days depending on my schedule.

Comments