Review: Nissy - Get You Back

 

Review: Nissy - Get You Back

AAA is one of, if not my favorite, J-Pop group ever. I also am a massive fan of the solo discographies of some of the members. Amongst them, my two favorites are main rapper Sky-Hi, who has hopped between styles, and main vocalist Nissy, whose music has always had a funky beat at heart. His Hocus Pocus 2 is one of my favorite J-Pop albums in modern times.

On another note, Nissy seems physically incapable of smiling. Even in his edgy group material,  he smiles. Even in this edgy EDM song, he smiles in every scene.

Speaking of which, Get You Back attempts to reinvent Nissy from funky fun guy to edgy, ambitious EDM superstar. Initially, I liked this a lot, but now I don't think I will ever like it as much as, say, Eternal Live, despite this being more towards my taste. I think this is because Nissy's voice does not exactly fit this style.

He does his best though, and the staccato militant beat through the verses is pretty good. The pre-chorus is where it sounds best, also letting Nissy showcase his voice a bit. The overall flow is hurt by an out of place breakdown, but overall the song is still solid.

Rating: 8.5/10


Image Source: The Bias List

Comments

  1. I still need to review this and a lot more. I really did have to do a lot of work this past week. So the Saturday one might be delayed. First thoughts are its fine and I didn't remember nor play it even after listening to it. I guess we will see. It's a fine song though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my thoughts It is totally fine, but I feel it lacks longevity. I wrote this review like 5 days ago, and I think my score currently is 0.25 lower.

      Despite this, objectively, it actually is pretty good, it just lacks that heart that made Eternal Live such a modern classic.

      Delete
    2. Yes I do agree! The song in itself is very good. I've yet to hear Eternal Live.

      Delete
    3. I highly recommend it, one of the best songs of 2017!

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw6-NdL5Crc

      It is just so fun, light-hearted, and groovy. It never fails to put me in a good mood.

      Delete

Post a Comment