Review: DISH - Birthday


Review: DISH - Birthday

DISH have become one of the J-Pop groups I like but can never get into. Thankfully, Birthday seems to change that.

Moments into the song, we are thrown into a drum-based section. The strings here and throughout the track remind me of Spyair's Wadachi, and that is a compliment. Unfortunately, the melody is a little swishy-swashy. Thankfully, the chorus is really strong. It has a great melody, a strong vocal performance, and most prominently: A strong usage of strings.

After a strong rock riff, we enter a great bridge. The backing vocals are strong here, as is the usage of the string. After that, we get a pretty strong final chorus.

If I have an issue with Birthday, it never gives the breathing room required for a song like this to succeed, instead drives forward too quickly. A few quieter moments would greatly improve the song. In fact, some breathing room might make this one of my favorite songs this year.

Thankfully, the overall package has some great elements, and I think DISH have finally justified me diving into their discography.

Rating: 8.5/10


Image Source: Alchetron

Comments

Post a Comment