Music I Liked: March 2024


Music I Liked: March 2024


Ariana Grande - We Can't Be Friends (Wait For Your Love) (Song of the Month)

Well, as someone who has only ever really enjoyed one Ariana Grande song (2015's incredible One Last Time), I am surprised that this little single from her most controversial album has suddenly become a favorite of mine. While she has failed to utilize her great vocal range once again, Ariana shows her ability to capture emotional sensitivity through a simple melody. That chorus is immaculate. It is rare I pick a mega-hit as my favorite song of the month, but I think We Can't Be Friends is one of those cases.


Girls Aloud - Disco Bunny

A new (okay, old, you know what I mean) Girls Aloud song written by Xenomania in 2024, along with a legacy tour? That was not on my bingo card, but I'll take it! Disco Bunny is honestly loads of fun, though it is not really a Something New or Biology, but little really is.


Kiesza - Dancing and Crying

I am unfamiliar with Kiesza, but apparently Dancing and Crying is the conclusion of an arc. It certainly is grand and magnificent. The song is dance-pop, for sure, but sounds so different from the dance-pop we hear on the radio. It is almost borderline horror-tinged, playing with eery pauses and effects. Oh, and it helps that the dark melody anchors everything excellently.


Kim Sungkyu & Nam Woohyun - Beautiful

Yeah, this is good. I mean, this is what I really expected on Infinite's EP last year; speedy melodic synth-pop that is music at its propulsive best. When I think of Infinite, I think of Sungkyu and Woohyun's voices, and they perform the hell out of Beautiful. I just hope Infinite's next single is like Beautiful.


Justice - Incognito

Holy moly this is how you do electro-house baby! Ahem, allow me to calm myself down, but damn, Justice's new song, Incognito is awesome. Really, all their songs for their upcoming album are great, though this is the best, just wow.


LE SSERAFIM - Smart

Yeah, I know it is just a weaker version of Tyla's excellent Water, but it is a little catchy. While I doubt it'll last (that little brass sample in the chorus is already getting grating), I have loved LE SSERAFIM's Smart this month.


Image Source: The Bias List

Comments