Horrid Song Review: Justin Bieber - Yummy


Horrid Song Review: Justin Bieber - Yummy

Year Released: 2020

Many mainstream artists could be described as making music "So inoffensive it offends" (not from me), and Justin Bieber is certainly one of those artists. His music is often so generic, it surprises me how successful it gets. Now he does have some great songs and some genuine talent, but I have not seen it fully utilized quite often.

I remember when Yummy dropped, it was quite controversial. None of it was due to the music, but rather due to Bieber's promotional strategy for the song. He effectively promoted fans to mass stream the song, and to cheat much so the song could reach #1 on charts. While that strategy is quite common in fandoms, it is rare when an artist himself endorses it.

Anyway, Yummy is one of the worst examples of a song made for TikTok, and I can name a million examples off the top of my head which do this generic, safe-as-possible, R&B sound better. While Bieber's voice can be effective under the right circumstances, him screaming "Yeah babe" until we go deaf is not that.

Yummy is generic. If you have not heard the song before, you probably have heard a million of its elements before. The bridge has some interesting electronics, but they are never utilized anywhere else. Yummy is a song that has just gotten worse with time, and is a blemish on everyone involved's record.

Rating: 2/10


Image Source: Honey Pop

Comments

  1. Well, ummm... no surprises here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean yeah, it is better than getting a surprise here!

      Now if you will excuse me, I am going to clean my ears after having to listen to this song.

      Delete
    2. Btw, this 108 Ent. Due to some weird settings in Blogger. I'll see if I can fix it soon :(

      Delete
  2. LOL! Haven't heard this one in a while and I'm glad for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I heard it and I thought the world needed to share my pain!

      (Laughs semi-maniacally)

      Delete

Post a Comment