Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of KPOPREVIEWED


Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of KPOPREVIEWED

This will be a brief little post where I talk about one of my favorite K-Pop blogs of all time, for its 10th anniversary!

As many of you all know, the K-Pop review community, coined as the K-Pop blogosphere at times, is pretty new. Our biggest writer, Nick James of TheBiasList, has even been mentioned in Wikipedia articles for the 'Critical Response' section. However, his latest blog, the one exclusively on East Asian music, has been running since 2016.

Despite this, our most senior blogger would be Tony from KPOPREVIEWED. 10 years ago, to this day, Tony had released his first review, one of U-Kiss' Neverland (an absolute jam). You can still read the review, and I have linked to it. He spends a good part of the review with some ideas such as how the DJ is romancing with the singer, and how Asian guys look better in black. It is overall a pretty good review, but things would only go up from here.

Flash forward 10 years. Tony's reviews have only gotten better. Each of his reviews for the last several years has been an in-depth analysis of the song, music video, and album. His album reviews have also inspired my own if it is not clear!

The thing that surprises me is that if I am not wrong, Tony is not much older than the rest of us bloggers. However, he has been writing since before many of us even knew of K-Pop, and he has not stopped. KPOPREVIEWED was not the first K-Pop review blog, I have found many other sites dating to a little before KPOPREVIEWEED. Reviews by Kristen in 2010, Top of the Kpops started reviewing in 2014, and K-Pop on my Mind in 2013. However, none of these blogs still exist, or if they do, they grow infrequently. No offense to the writers, I enjoy their writing a lot. However, KPOPREVIEWED has lasted since that generation of reviewers, and continues as one in the current, as we slowly grow more and more organized. He also has been used as a source in Wikipedia, a rare achievement for an individual blog!

Thank you so much KPOPREVIEWED! Here is hoping to another 10 excellent years for you as a blogger to follow!


Link to KPOPREVIEWED


Image Source: KPOPREVIEWED Twitter

Comments

  1. I have somehow missed this post! Really sorry :( But thanks for the kind words in this post! It has been a blast and I looking forward to doing a few more years of reviews (for now).

    Also, I don't even know I was used as a Wikipedia source. How do you find this stuff out!

    PS. I have finally managed to work out how to comment on your blog, using my KPOPREVIEWED handle and not my private account handle from back in the day. So expect me to be more vocal on here (and not silently reading your blog, as I always do)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tony, glad to see you here!

      Looking forward to your new reviews!

      You actually have been used as a source twice, one for your 'Want' review (the Dsign music page) and the other for the tracklist of 'Moment of Illusion' (from your album review of it).

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dsign_Music

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Moment_of_Illusion

      Hope to see more comments by you here!

      Delete

Post a Comment