Flashback Review: Girl's Day - Tilting my Head


Flashback Review: Girl's Day - Tilting my Head

Date Released: 2010

Sometimes, I, stuck in quarantine with nothing better to do, certain individuals claim that the music scene is doomed, and the good old days are gone. All songs 5 years ago and older were perfect, and stuff has sucked ever since.

For those who think new music is bad, look at all the songs I gave 9 or higher this month. Sure, this is no golden era. For this who think that old K-Pop was perfect, Girl's Day debut is a perfect counter.

The group would go on to deliver some amazing songs, such as Nothing Lasts Forever, Expectation, Don't Forget Me, and so on. However, their debut is genuinely terrible to listen to.

Where do I start? The autotune is heavier than my heart after listening to Cravity's Vroom Vroom Skrrt on repeat, drowning the beat. Honestly, it is more painful than an elephant landing on my head. So yes, it is more painful than a slow death. Anyway, autotune was trendy back then, but the producers clearly took this too far. I am not going to cite my sources for that.

Than, there is the 'ouch, who thought this would work' melody. Repetitive, dull, repetitive, dull, repetitive, dull, good grief repetitive, dull, etc. etc. The beat occasionally has spurts of life, but it is rarely heard under the 5,628th layer of autotune the producers provided.

Finally, there is the MV, with the exceptionally terrible hair and facial expressions, which likely inspired Eternity's I'm Real.

Really, this song is ther complete package of badness. For once, the YouTube commenters agree with humanity, why did people bring this song back? Who wants to talk about this song? Why bring any attention to this tra-oh. Oh no.

Rating: 2.5/10


Image Source: Hello Kpop

Comments

  1. A perfect counter-argument to the most backed strawman argument I've seen in K-Pop. I really love this Flashback Review. Your opinions are literally the same to what I have in context to the "mundane" music scene these days. This song is a bomb of bad takes in the past and it continues to haunt us today.

    The jokes here are brilliant and so great. This is what really makes blogging fun! I really love this segment. The song is trash. 2/10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the autotune is hundred times worse that HYBE's bad vocal mixing, the concept is more elementary than SM's performance songs, the cadence sounds like a rubbish JYP demo and the obnoxiousness of the song is like YG. All of the bad elements of the industry are really in here.... HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Oh my- I can't stop laughing.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much StillBangtan!

      Yeah, I created this review as a sort-of reaction to those who claim that music had a golden age long gone. While I personally still think that my favorite songs are mostly from a long-gone era, it is important to not cherry-pick when discussing both past and present.

      And yes! This song basically is a bad predecessor to many lame modern trends.

      Delete
  2. Girl's Day is my favourite girl group but even I cannot defend them for this. When I was doing artist spotlight for them I didn't even link the song because... why would you torture yourself with it. Good thing they released a banger after a banger after that.

    "The autotune is heavier than my heart after listening to Cravity's Vroom Vroom Skrrt on repeat" Almost choked on my tea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you for not providing the link in that spotlight haha. I just put the song here for completion.

      But yeah, they really had some gems after this.

      Sorry for the tea, but I do love that line lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment