Slowing Things Down


Slowing Things Down

So, hello everyone. Over the past year or so, this blog has gained quite a lot of views. Especially starting in January this year, the hits have been really good. As to support my increased reader base, I have been cranking out more posts, and have been following a post-per-day style since December 31.

Initially, it was fun. I got to write on a lot more music than before, and my readers expanded. Thus, I increased the quality of posts. My reviews often hit well over 1000 words, sometimes even crossing 3000. This made me put self-imposed pressure on myself. I needed to churn posts in my free time, rather than spending it with my family.

I will continue to write posts. But I had a choice, I had to either let my quality go down or my quantity. In the end, I chose to reduce my quantity. I will still post whenever I can, and hopefully many times per week. But I may now change it up. Sometimes I could write a post a day for a whole month, sometimes I will write less than 15 posts in the whole month. It all depends. I need to spend some time for myself, and that is the reason for this.

Make no mistake, 10/10 - Music will still continue, and I will still work hard to keep the reviews coming. I just thought it best to let all of you know before I slow down. Hope you all have a great day, and take care of yourselves.


Image Source: Xcite Fun

Comments

  1. Sending all the support! I completely understand you, it's somewhat easier for us cause we can take turns (for example, I've been working in the morning and then hiking until 8pm today so Lina did reviews alone) so I can only image how much effort goes into all of your posts, especially since they're all always great. :) Put yourself first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Una!

      Yeah, having two people certainly can help. I have actually tried to rope in a family friend to become a co-writer on this site so I don't have to slow the pace down, but I am not sure it would work, so I did not go through with it. You and Lina make a great duo at writing though :)

      Thanks so much, I will work on maintaining my post quality still. Hope you and Lina maintain a good balance yourselves!

      Delete
  2. I totally understand dude! It's been a blast reading your blogs, and I will always continue giving support to you or your blog.

    I hope you live a lovely life and don't pressure yourself too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yan for the kind words!

      It has been the support of regular readers like you, Una, Lina, StillBangtan, DN, CookingDiva, Terrance, KH, and many, many more that has encouraged me to kee this blog running.

      And worry not, I will keep the blog running. But at the same time, I will now take some 'me' time as well. Wish you the best, and hope you maintain a good balance and live a happy life as well!

      Delete
  3. Take your time ent10, blogging take times, it should be fun and not forced, especially when it comes to passion like cooking or music.. we are all same. All the best and looking forward to your post whenever you post it, we are still here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cooking Diva! I will still be writing, just slowing things down for a bit. Wish you the best too!

      Delete

Post a Comment