Horrid Song Review: Lay - Sheep


Horrid Song Review: Lay - Sheep

There are two types of bad in this world. So bad it's bad, and so bad it's lovable. Lay is always in the latter category. But kudos to him, it is hard to have a discography so consistently bad. Only him and Ravi have been keeping such a track record in modern times, and Ravi is a distant second. Lay's adorable personality is fun still, and he has been called a little 'Sheep'.

Thus, someone, probably drunk, in the song production room thought "Why not we make a song about how Lay is the coolest sheep ever?". The end result is a song with an over-the-top MV, and somehow got a collaboration with Alan Walker that made it cool and moody.

The main appeal of Sheep are the lyrics, which are interesting and... nonsensical.

Lay looks mighty fine in that image up on top, but who is the human to his left?

The way he mispronounces Sheep as Ship just makes it even better. Every time that you think you have heard the stupidest line, Lay proves you wrong.

The edgy EDM trap beat is over-the-top, leading to an epic and stupid drop chorus, which gets better/worse each listen.

Of course, no listening of Sheep is ever complete without the MV, which is a perfect pairing to the song. Lay somehow looks cool in the mess, so kudos to him, only Yixing could do that.

In the end, Sheep is bad. But it is not boring. It keeps you listening and enjoying, and that is better than boring any day. If you are looking for an objectively good song, this is not the place. If you want fun, come right this way.

Rating: Sheep/10

Also Rating: 6.5/10

Yes, I enjoy the song, but not enough to give it a positive score.


Image Source: Seoulbeats

Comments

  1. The microwave dancing among popocrn always gets me lol. I wouldn't listen to Sheep on my own but if it comes on? [grabs her imaginary mic] look, I'm a lead sheep in China!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The microwave dance is amazing!

      Minding the fact that I am not one bit Chinese, I have said that 'Lead Sheep' line a little too often, with my own made-up mike too! Seriously, it drives my family crazy how I sing badly accented foreign songs with a fake mike lol.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha, thanks DN! I thought instead of a technical review, I just have fun for this one.
      Glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment