Review: WJSN (Cosmic Girls) - Unnatural

 

Review: WJSN (Cosmic Girls) - Unnatural

WJSN have slowly grown to become one of the modern generation's most popular K-Pop groups. A lot of this has to do with their original 'spacey' sound and their slow growth. Unlike most, I never really got into the group until their 2020 EP, a solid piece of music, led by the strong Butterfly.

Compared to their previous work, Unnatural is certainly more trendy and follows a nu-disco beat. It is not really that deep of a song, with typical 'what to do, I'm in love' lyrics, and a fun, bouncy beat.

The verses need a bit more balance, as the low bass does not merge that well with the overtly high-pitched vocals of the girls. The rapid-fire lines at least keep one interested.

The chorus is really the heart of the song, with a popping instrumental providing just the right amount of room for the ever-coming-and-going hooks. This is also where the nu-disco elements take hold, working well with the high-pitched vocals.

This all leads to the overblown climax, working just right. The members chanting the chorus together really provides a sense of fun driving this song home.

Rating: 8.25/10


Image Source: Kbopped

Comments

  1. UNNATURAL is amazing btw. I agree to your comments. It was a big grower to me. Just a fantastic song.

    Anyway, did you hear the new FANTASTICS song? Play Back is the best. THE ROTY, SOTY of my mf year. I can't stop repeating it now. I just love how gritty the synths are. It is the epitome of synthpop and electronic music. It reminds me of both Dalshabet's B.B.B. and Eurythmics' Sweet Dreams. I am waiting for your review on it! I am super ecstatic about how consistent FANTASTICS are with synthpop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Play Back is pretty excellent, especially love the 80's drums in the back.

      Delete

Post a Comment