Review: Snow Man - Big Bang Sweet

 

Review: Snow Man - Big Bang Sweet

This is a bad joke, right?

I am a big fan of idols producing their own music, as this makes a consistent discography, or at least sticking with one producer like Reol does. Snow Man's discography is a warning of what happens if you don't do that.

Last month, they came back with Grandeur, a song I love so much. It is produced by Tommy Clint, and is easily their best song yet. On the other hand, CF b-side Big Bang Sweet has a producer I don't know. But I don't want to know, because his or her reputation will be hurt big-time by this mess.

First things first, I don't mind 'cute' music, TVXQ's Balloons and several Reol songs have shown how to do it right, clearly it can be bad as well, because what is this song?!

The instrumental is that 'cute' trap style that Blackpink tried, as well as the Love is All title OST Catch the Wind. The autotune is horrendous, and the hi-hats make this even more unbearable.

If you somehow survived the verses, you have to deal with the chorus. It is noise. It sings about making you smile but makes you feel like you are kidnapped and threatened to smile on the threat of you being thrown down Niagra falls in a box, with nothing except a recording of this song.

Like no, this is just bad.

Rating: 1.75/10


Image Source: Rubese

Comments

  1. OH MY! THAT IS ONE OF THE WORST SONGS TO EXIST EVER! Based on your ratings it is so horrendous that it cannot be swallowed. I will try to listen to it! But I guess I cannot do it. 1.75/10 is so horrendous. I'm afraid my ears will disintegrate.

    Maybe I should create the Razzie Awards of K-Pop. I'm going to call it the Shibal Awards (just joking). What happened to Johnnys?! Well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I may just be a harsh critic! Give it a try if you want, but for the sake of your neighbors, I will suggest headphone usage...

      I just embedded the short version, because I guess people like ears. It is a trendy mess with terrible mixing.

      Ooh, Razzies for music would sound great!

      Delete
  2. WHAT IS THAT MIXING! WHAT IS THE INSTRUMENTATION! IS THAT A GARBAGE FULL OF INCOHESIVE AND RHYTHMICALLY INCORRECT NOTES. 1.75 is a very harsh note though, I will rate this 2.75/10. It is Rubbish. WHY IS THE INSTRUMENTATION SO BAD?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Told you I was a harsh critic :)

      Still, this song is seriously bad, like even the singing is off-tune.

      What is worse, this is sold as the b-side (or another a-side) with Grandeur, and was promoted right after. Suddenly the Under Cover/Savage drop seems smaller.

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh... It is like an attempt to create indie synthpop. Have you heard of TEEN TEEN's It's On You. It has that similar production and vocal arrangement. But TEEN TEEN nails it more amazingly. Snow Man is like a Yeti trying to throw you off the Niagara falls!

      WTH!

      Delete
    3. Ya, Teen Teen (now part of GHOST9) actually sound youthful, and like they want to do this. Snow Man's members probably recorded this on the threat they have to listen to this if they don't.

      The Yeti example is soo great.

      Maybe I was so harsh because I have a rule, you have to listen to a song THREE to FIVE times consecutively before writing the full review, and you must listen and analyze the track while writing. Needless to say, I was fed up.

      Delete
    4. Well, I also agree to your standards. This song is just so bad it is worser than nursery rhymes. HELL, IT DOESN'T EVEN RHYME!

      Delete
    5. Honestly, "This song is just so bad it is worser than nursery rhymes. HELL, IT DOESN'T EVEN RHYME!" is much more melodic and rhyming than this song, and probably the spell check is less too, even with 'worser' lol. Like I did not put it into the title, but I tagged this as a horrid song, and for good reason.

      Delete

Post a Comment