Don't Call Me Album Review: SHINee - Marry You

 


Don't Call Me Album Review: SHINee - Marry You

I remember being a little worried when I first heard Marry You. If this is what the album sounded like, I was a bit worried. I am glad my fears turned out false. Marry You is a weird track. SHINee's vocal performance is top great. The falsetto note in the chorus is in particular, a great showcase of SHINee's vocals. Same with the bridge.

Despite this, Marry You has an issue or two. The production is a little too trendy (and a little outdated as well), for the song to stand out. The trendy tropical beat could have been replaced by an R & B beat, and this would be my favorite song of the album. The lyrics are cringey too. Thankfully, SHINee's vocal performance is great.

Rating: 7.5/10


Image Source: Deforested Music

Comments

  1. Eh. It's mostly fine....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny that we are calling the weakest song on an album "mostly fine"! Shows the strength of the album as a whole.

      Delete

Post a Comment