Mini Song Reviews (Miley Cyrus, TXT, Sexy Zone, Luke Combs)

TXT at Soribada Awards on August 23, 2019.png
By Dispatch, CC BY 3.0, Link, Wikimedia

 Mini Song Reviews (Miley Cyrus, TXT, Sexy Zone, Luke Combs)

Miley Cyrus - Prisoner Ft. Dua Lipa

'Prisoner' is a Dua Lipa and Miley Cyrus collabaration. I know many people love the track, but I found it just "good". The verses provide a nice blend between the bass-line (very retro) and the girls' voices. The chorus, on the other hand, falls flat. This especially is sad after how good the previous material these two released.

Rating: 7.75/10

TXT - Your Light

TXT's new OST track sounds like it is straight from their debut mini-album. Unpopular opinion: Their debut was average. Still, 'Your Light' is surprising, and I am so happy about what it gets right. The synth-line is such a compelling instrumental choice, I love it. The fact that there is no auto-tune is such a winner. TXT may not have the best vocals in K-Pop, but they work quite well with this style of youthful pop. The chorus is a winner too. It is no 'Everlasting Shine', 'Magic Island', or 'Run Away', but it is surprisingly solid. A better climax would not hurt.

Rating: 8.75/10

Sexy Zone - Not Found

This song was only officially released this month, but it has floated around for some time (it was an honorable mention for me in October). The verses and pre-chorus are so good. They keep the fun brass and old school vibe while incorporating guitars. The song desperately needs a pre-chorus though, and this keeps from enjoying the chorus. The ending rap is quite fun too. In the end, it is held down by the fact it comes right after 'Far East Dance' and 'Run'. But boy, Sexy Zone is so much better than their name.

Rating: 8.5/10

Luke Combs - Forever After All

I do not get to listen to it too much, but I love American Country-Music a lot. Luke Combs new song is one of the best country songs I have heard this year. His vocals are the quintessential country vocals, and they blend so well with his guitar right over here. The verses fully showcase the emotional country vibe being sought, while the chorus supports it so well. The lyrics also work surprisingly well. I am sold so much by this track. This is how to do a singalong track right.

Rating: 8.75/10

Comments

  1. Well, I'm glad you said it honestly and with respect. Although, I may have to disagree and also the critics in Korea, but it's ok. I actually get what you mean... What do you think about the new ENHYPEN album? My favorite is Let Me In (very cheap indeed but it's tight). But My objectively favorite is 10 Months/Intro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, my favorite full song on the Enhyphen album is the title track. I know, unpopular opinion, but it feels like the one which has the most heart. I do not think I will review it, but it is around 8.25/8.5 for me.

      While I do not love Your Light as much as you do, I still really enjoy it, like really enjoy it :)

      Delete
  2. The Kai release just to be fair was bland. I expected a more booming R&B sound. But unpopular opinion: it sounds like Yummy, I'm so sorry Kai. The only thing that I liked is the ONEUS release. It is good. Like really there, but the horns performance, well that is my taste acting up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, most of the songs on the Kai album were middling. Except for Ride or Die and Nothing on Me, both of those were fantastic!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I have to agree. But congrats to him! I really know he was waiting for this since last year.

      On the other hand, I have to say smth. Ever since 2019-20, I didn't feel vibing with any BH release, but Let Me In is super quintessential to me that I can't stop listening to it. I've been reapeating it for like 150 times but I ain't still feeling bad or feeling forced about it. It's weird, it's like the same case with TXT's CROWN, AB6IX's Breathe, ONEUS' Valkyrie, KNK's Sunset, CIX' b-sides, ATEEZ's b-sides. It is just like that, there is some sort of calming effect in that song that really works for me. Well, I just want to rant about it here since I really want to pour my thoughts to it. It is weird but I love it. I hope BH makes more of this kind of production. (Sorry for being very biased, I can't help it)

      Delete
    3. It's okay, everyone has some bias!

      Delete

Post a Comment