Horrid Song Review: Double Take - Hot Problems

Double Take - Hot Problems.jpg
By Source, Wikimedia, Fair use, Link

 Horrid Song Review: Double Take - Hot Problems

 I love EDM, especially early-2010s EDM, and not every song from this era was good, or even ok. But occasionally, the era provided some of the worse tracks ever to exist. Of course, the most infamous of these is Rebecca Black's eternal 'Friday' (Friday is not eternal actually, according to the song, Saturday comes after it), but there were other duds too, and 'Hot Problems' is arguably the worst of those.

The electronic instrumental was probably not written at all. It is so generic, it is repeated constantly through the song, taking the score to a 5 or lower chance instantly. EDM can be used to make it feel like an epic party, or even display emotions, but Hot Problems's production just is bad enough to make sure you do not sleep.

The girls may be just trying to have fun, but their vocals are way off-tune. Like really, even with the autotune, they still are way off-tune. This could have been forgiven if the chorus was any good, but it is the worst part of the song. They are way off-tune, they repeat "hot" thrice instead of using an echo effect, the production gets duller, and you deserve a noble prize if you lived through the track.

Rating: 0.75/10

Comments

  1. I haven't had seen a review of this low. It seems the bar is in hell. Well anyway, Rebbeca Black is such a queen of these nonsense stunts. I'm laughing at the song.
    By the way, do you know the great, Yoo Jae-Ha? I'm actually curious if you probably heard the most critically acclaimed album in South Korea according to the KMA. It is his debut album, Because I Love You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friday is probably deserving of a horrible song review

      I actually have a lower-scoring review :)

      https://108ent.blogspot.com/2020/09/horrid-song-review-luhan-lu.html

      I have heard of Yoo Jae-Ha, but I have not listened to the album in a while. I am going to give it a re-listen before I say anything about the album, even in the comments.

      Also RIP Yoo, he died too young, only one album...

      Delete
    2. Okay, I am glad I heard it again, because I doubt that I was properly listening earlier (or maybe I clicked on the wrong album). Because boy does it sound so good. I think it just might be my favorite pre-Seo Taiji Korean album. Thanks for the recommend, I needed to listen to it again. It makes his death even sadder where would have his career taken him? How good would the next album be?

      Delete
    3. Yes it was very sad, as he is a mind full of artistic prowess and intelligence. He could have composed a song/album which would have transcended and even made more impact than that of his debut album, sadly he died too soon. The album is a whole 10/10. A transcending orchestral/pop/indie/rock composition. It really is South Korea's best album.

      Delete
    4. I guess that we are just left with a 'what if' story, I mean he could have unseated Cho Yong-Pil and perhaps Seo Taiji would not instantly arise. I hope he rests in peace

      Delete

Post a Comment