Review: Taeyeon - #GirlsSpkOut Ft. Chanmina

Review: Taeyeon - #GirlsSpkOut Ft. Chanmina

If I was asked who my favorite K-Pop soloists currently active is, Taeyeon is definitely in the top 10. In an age where we get immature angst from boy groups and shouty aegyo from girl groups (No offense if you like those styles, but I find it too close to noise), her 2019 album 'Purpose' stood out for its maturity. I know she does not vary her music too much, but why fix what ain't broke?

Concept-wise and style-wise, '#GirlsSpkOut' does not try too much new, but I don't have too much issue with this. Taeyeon's vocal skills are refined and classy as always, and rapper Chanmina provides some grounded rap and ad-libbing.

There is some nice groove and bass driving the chorus in particular. I think there is some electronic production that is trendy, but it blends nicely into the track.

Overall, Taeyeon has better songs, but with her level of consistency, a track has to blow me away to last long.

Rating: 7.5/10 

Photo Source: Allkpop

Comments