Review: Ninety One - Senorita

Ninety One (группа).jpg
Photo Source: Wikimedia, CC BY-SA 4.0, Link

 Review: Ninety-One - Senorita

 This month, I have been falling down into the hold of Q-Pop legend Dimash Kudaibergen's music, and I regret not knowing about him before. I guess that is why I am reviewing 91's new single.

91, for those who do not know, are one of the biggest artists in Kazakhstan. Despite this, minus their 'Mooz', I have not loved most of their music. They are definitely influential, and almost remind me of H.O.T's rise, just much more hip-hop based (they also remind me of Block B in some ways). However, 'Senorita', (also titled 'Tekketekke') sounds like another Latin track. The chorus is an ear-worm slowly building in tempo, and it feels fun and perfect for a Latin party.

The verses, on the other hand, don't have too much going for them. There is a few trap influences, and nothing else worth note. It almost sounds like how a modern Bollywood producer might do Latin, trying to add local elements, but in the end, losing what makes both styles unique. The guys definitely can do better, and I do hope they do so soon so I can show you all how good Q-Pop can get.

Rating: 6.75/10

Update: added official MV. I found myself humming the track the other day, but I still stand with the points mentioned in the review, the guys can do better.

Comments

  1. Yes I love Dimash as well, but I love the rise of asian subgenres. It is fulfilling to see the growth of asian music. I haven't checked this out maybe I'll hate it since we really have 80% music similarity index. I'll just see. Btw, what are your thoughts on TXT's teaser Blue Hour and SEVENTEEN's HOME;RUN?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see another Dimash fan! The dude is amazing and I have been spending my free time thinking of an excuse to review any of his tracks.

      I was a bit harsh on the song I admit, but it is not one bit unique, it is so generic, and it does not show anything to identify itself as Q-Pop.

      I am hyped for the TXT song. They are one of the few groups that show Teen emotions properly, I just hope it is as good as Run Away.

      As for the seventeen song, I want to give it a few days to settle in before I write a full review, so that it will be more accurate, same for some other major songs that I have yet to review 😉

      Delete
    2. That is cool, hoping to see it. We really have the same feelings about each artists. I see. 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment