Review: CL - Hwa

 

Review: CL - Hwa

Former 2NE1 member CL is one of those K-Pop stars that can get away with doing something definitely not my style, and I am not even a fan. Charisma can make or break a song, and it has saved CL's career for me many times. She has that fun yet badass vibe which (along with Bom's vocals) was one of my favorite parts of 2NE1's career. And now that she is out of the YG creative dungeon, we knew she would release music soon.

I am not always the biggest fan of trap, nor autotune (and blog readers definitely would know that), yet if used right, it can help a song big time. And 'Hwa' is one of the songs where it works (I am not putting all the plus and all in the title, I have other stuff to do too). CL uses the minimalists beat as a place to utilize her rap skills. Between the solid hater lyrics and her swag, the verses are a swag winner. The chorus could prove one-note, but it manages to stay afloat, which is its only purpose in a trap track like this.

Hwa is one of my favorite trap tracks this year, and that is due to CL's swag, here is hoping the album is equally as good (I have yet to hear it). While I do wish she let loose her rap skills more, this is one highly satisfactory rap.

Rating: 7.75/10

Photo Source: Soompi

Note: I think it is growing on me, let us see how far does it grow.

Comments

  1. At the very least CL still manages to flow very well and is really there. Her last album proved her staying status for me.

    By the way, I noticed you actually haven't actually responded, well I guess it is because of the email thing that the website put, now I tried to delete it. It is now ok. I hope you can still vote since there is still a missing 5th nominee, but the Top 4 are a lock. Here you go: https://bit.ly/37Un6CY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, that was weird. Anyway, I voted again, I hope it worked this time around :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks I think I now have the nominees! I'll post it in my channel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh could you give the link to your channel so I can check it out, glad that my voting worked :)

      Delete
    2. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl_s7LZAphPpyY63HnVqE5g

      Delete
    3. Watch for the premiere! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fu_3EP3cVg

      Delete
    4. Saw it! Seems like some great picks made it!

      Delete

Post a Comment