The Top 50 Songs of 2023: Honorable Mentions


The Top 50 Songs of 2023: Honorable Mentions

2023 was a strange year for me to rank my top songs. Additionally into being out of practice (I swear I'll eventually get to the 2022 ranking!), almost all my favorite songs this year were either from the second half or were discovered by me in the second half. Predicting how these songs would age was the biggest challenge, but the other half was combing through all the sounds. How does one compare Beabadoobee and Ninety One? It was difficult, but I think my ranking does provide a look at some of my favorite songs this year, with a top song that stands heads and shoulders over the rest. With that said, let us look at the rules.

  • This ranking is my opinion.
  • I will only rank my top 50 due to time constraints.
  • Any song released between January 1 and December 31, 2023 is qualified.
  • Instrumentals also count for this list.
  • Full-fledged remakes are qualified, but remixes are excluded.
  • Finally, I will not split the top 10 this year due to time constraints.



60. Dua Lipa - Houdini


59. LE SSERAFIM - Eve, Psyche & The Bluebird's Wife


58. So!YoON! - Till The Sun Goes Up


57. Oliver Anthony - Rich Men North Of Richmond


56. eite - Independent Woman


55. Aina The End - Red:Birthmark


54. Jessie Ware - Begin Again


53. Sufjan Stevens - A Running Start


52. NINE.i - Power Up


51. Cwondo - Natural Kibun

Comments

  1. Power Up is so good! Keen to see the rest of the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ohm! As stated, this list was difficult to decide, and Power Up almost made it in hehe.

      OT: Cosmic Phantom off your new EP is so good! Definitely a nice early-year highlight.

      Delete
    2. Yeah it's always tough creating lists like these, so good stuff! Thanks so much for the support on 'Cosmic Phantom' ! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed it especially since i did find myself very proud of the final result. 😄

      Delete
    3. It's so fun to work on though, thanks! Cosmic Phantom (along with Bad) are probably my two favorites of yours since... maybe Mayhem?

      Delete
  2. Ooh i'm glad you enjoyed Mayhem a lot too. I did also release another album in between this one and the one in Mayhem and i'm sure you'd like some of the songs there too (if you haven't heard already) but i'm gonna try not to plug myself on your website LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I have no issue with that! I actually sometimes forget to check your's and other artists new work at times, this helps. Assuming you meant Dimension Pt. 2, it's pretty great!

      Sorry for the late reply, life really kept me busy.

      Delete

Post a Comment