End of Month List: November 2022


End of Month List: November 2022

November was a tragic month in real life. From a massive earthquake in West Java, Indonesia, to a bridge collapse in Gujarat, India, and a crowd crush in Itaewon, South Korea, and much more. There were many tragic events throughout this month. While this is a music-oriented blog, I just want to leave this paragraph to remember all the lives lost.

Nonetheless, this month had many solid releases throughout the month musically. Half of them utter surprises, other legendary acts providing their return. Obviously, the most legendary of these would be girl group KARA's comeback (I will review it in the next roundup), and while I had some issues with the single, it is nonetheless a solid piece of classic dance-pop. Miyavi released a cover EP, providing twists on classic anime themes for great effect. There were also disappointments among major comebacks, such as YooA's new EP, which was half-fantastic and half-underwhelming.

At the same time, surprises appeared out of nowhere. Perhaps the most notable of these would be Achint Thakkar's soundtrack to Monica, O My Darling, an album that came out of nowhere to great effect.

In the end, calling this month solid might be an understatement. So many amazing songs failed to make the top five, from Miyavi's Soul's Refrain to YooA's Melody. Make no mistake, the top spots definitely deserve their acclaim too, but I want to particularly spotlight Quadeca's Tell Me A Joke, which nearly missed the top five, and gets better with each and every listen.


Song of the Month:

About Us - Love and Affection

Achint Thakkar - Suno Jaanejaan, Bye Bye Adios, Love You So Much - I Want To Kill You, Hills of Malabar

B.I - Endless Summer

Mike Posner - I'm Not Dead Yet (Ellis Edit)

Fifty Fifty - Lovin' Me

Joji - Die For You

King & Prince - Tsukiyomi

Miyavi - Soul's Refrain, Eternal Wind, Blue Bird

Nature - Limbo

The Rampage - Round Up Ft. Miyavi

Quadeca - Tell Me A Joke, Sorry4Dying, Knots, Fantasy World, Cassini's Division

YooA - Melody, Lay Low

Zipang Opera - Like a Wolf


5. KARA - When I Move

Listen to and Purchase KARA's Move Again EP right here!


4. Miyavi - Get Wild

Listen to and Purchase Miyavi's Miyaviverse-Anima right here!


3. Achint Thakkar, Sagnik Sen - Farsh Pe Khade (Full Review)

Listen to and Purchase Achint Thakkar's Monica, O My Darling right here!


2. B.I - Keep Me Up (Full Review)

Listen to and Purchase B.I's Love or Loved Pt. 1 right here!


1. Achint Thakkar, Anupama Srivatsa, Mikey McCleary - Yeh Ek Zindagi (Full Review)

Listen to and Purchase Achint Thakkar's Monica, O My Darling right here!



Albums of the Month:

About Us - About Us

Fifty Fifty - The Fifty

KARA - Move Again

Miyavi - Miyaviverse-Anima

Quadeca - I Didn't Mean To Haunt You

Weyes Blood - And In The Darkness, Hearts Aglow

Achint Thakkar - Monica, O My Darling

Listen to and Purchase Achint Thakkar's Monica, O My Darling right here!



Music Videos of the Month

Achint Thakkar - Yeh Ek Zindagi

Listen to and Purchase Achint Thakkar's Monica, O My Darling right here!


Image Source: Wikimedia

Comments