Review: JO1 - SuperCali


Review: JO1 - SuperCali

Act 1, Scene 1: Two Drunk Company Executives (E1 & E2) stagger onto the stage, laughing and making merry.

E2: I say, my friend, it is wonderful that we have this new song for JO1!

E1: Indeed, it is trendy and cool, it pulls together so many K-Pop-ready elements, it is sure to be a success.

E2: But wait, what is the song title going to be?

E1: I was thinking -- hick! -- Run, it seems like a perfect title for the song, and the word is used a lot in, in the song. Plus, English titles are trendy!

E2: Are you kidding me! Such an overused title, we need something new, and cool, and new! Besides, Sexy Zone already took Run

E1: But it has to be in English!

E2: And it has to be complex!

E1: And it has to be in English!

E1: Hey! Why not we sample a classic English musical song?

E2: From a musical!

E1: From a movie!

E2: Are you thinking what I am thinking?

E1: I think I am thinking of what you think I am thinking!

E2: The Sound of Music!

E1: I meant Mary Poppins...

E2: Why?

E1: T1419 already took it. See, it is in my bingo chart.

E2: So you want us to sample Mary Poppins for your bingo chart?

E1: Kinda...

E2: Makes sense, why do we sample that SUPERFRAGICALIEXTRASPOONFULLOFBS, or something like that.

E1: Wait, but doesn't that word makes no sense. Aren't you worried that will make it seem childish?

E2: Nope, it is old, so it would seem adventurous, nostalgic, and and mature story-wise, right?

E1: Right?

Together: Right!


Rating: 4/10

More song, less SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIUS.

Purchase JO1's SuperCali and accompanying album, Midnight Sun, right here!


Image Source: 

Comments