Flashback Review: VIXX - Scientist


Flashback Review: VIXX - Scientist

Hello everyone! Today I'll be reviewing VIXX's 2018 gem Scientist. It showed a conceptual change for them, no gore, no blood, just a melodic song, with themes of science from the MV over the...

WHAT? It is titled Scentist not ScIentist? That can't be true! They have beakers in the MV, 'scentist' is not even a word lol.

(Scrolls down)

Oh darn! Why in the worl-, at least there is no gore or violence hinted at in the MV

(Read the lyrics about murder)

Damn you VIXX, you just keep on being VIXX.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Anyway, that was my genuine reaction when I first heard Scentist. It is not VIXX's track, but the chorus is fun, I hope they come back as six one of these days, even if it is unlikely.


Rating: 8.25/10


Image Source: The Bias List

Comments

  1. I'm sick and tired of waiting for them to have a comeback before Ravi enlists. Going to a witch to create me a spell "must-make-new-music" to cast onto them as we speak.

    PS. the scientist vs scentist confusion will never not be funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May the witch be successful with the spell!

      And yeah, the confusion between Scientist and Scentist is just hilarious at times.

      Delete
  2. I was annoyed at this being misspelled but I did not expect this is going to be a skit. I was also confused back then, if the song was Scentist or Scientist. My mind is really playing tricks on me. VIXX really is a very interesting group, I have to say this song is what really sucked me further to the K-Pop rabbithole. The production was fluid, warm, and smooth. I loved this song and I think this is one of my most played back then. This song has emotional value in me and it continues to have such.

    Now if you excuse me, I need to find the beakers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone was confused with Scentist vs. Scientist lol. Anyway, glad to here this was one of the songs to drag you into K-Pop! I think I still hold a lot of 2008-11 songs that got me into K-Pop in high value, quite a lot of nostalgia with them xd!

      Delete

Post a Comment