Don't Call Me Album Review: SHINee - I Really Want You


Don't Call Me Album Review: SHINee - I Really Want You

While not as ambitious as CODE, I Really Want You is lightning in a bottle. It adopts a more cinematic sound. The brass, the clap-production, this is classic SHINee. The chorus is one of the best in modern times, a true joy. I wish the post-chorus kept the energy, instead of building back to it, but that is a minor gripe.

The pre-chorus sets its sights on a classic SHINee build, with dynamic production, brass blazing in all. As already mentioned, the chorus is an appropriate conclusion to this build.

This is the SHINee we all know and love, coming back at full strength. After a few months of being behind utterly underwhelming songs, Ryan S. Jhun finally gets his act together. And of course, there is no discounting SHINee's performance. It feels so good to hear actual voices in pop music once again. Taemin, Onew, Key, Minho, all are solid vocalists and would be the main vocalists if they were in a weaker group. This song is a joyous dream and peak SHINee.

Rating: 9/10

Just a quick note, I feel this might have been written for 2017 SHINee. Some lines are pretty much written for Jonghyun, which leaves a bittersweet feeling. I miss his unique voice.


Image Source: Deforested Music

Comments

  1. My fav from the album, it just has immaculate SHINee sound to it, it makes me want to dance. ^-^ Jonghyun would own this kind of release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my favorite too!

      True, Jonghyun would master this :(

      Delete

Post a Comment