Don't Call Me Album Review: SHINee - CØDE

 


Don't Call Me Album Review: SHINee - CØDE

CØDE is peak SHINee. It is such a missed opportunity that this is not the lead single. Kenzie provides classic SM touches, while the production screams the experimental dance sound SM adopted during the early 2010s. There is some great vocal layering.

Speaking of vocals, Taemin's high-note is gold. The vocals are perfectly used (I mean, it is SHINee). The bridge and the chorus show how SHINee can provide a great vocal performance to go along with a dance beat.

The electronic EDM production goes great with the funky beat and the atmosphere. Yet unlike many modern dance tracks, CØDE never resorts to boy band cheese. Instead, it is driven by its ambition up till the strong climax. When I say I want SHINee back, this, especially the chorus, what I mean.

Rating: 9/10


Image Source: Deforested Music

Comments

  1. Really a great song. As the days are going by, I'm more and more into this album which I didn't think was possible haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment