B-Side Review: SixTONES - (S.I.X, Special Order, Dance all Night, Be Crazy, Lifetime)

 

B-Side Review: SixTONES - (S.I.X, Special Order, Dance all Night, Be Crazy, Lifetime)

SixTONES new album has so many good songs, I needed to review at least three. I chose some of my favorite tracks on the album, all of which are good, to review.

S.I.X

Unlike the artful Imitation Rain, S.I.X is pure fun. With a hook about clapping your hands and a way off instrumental brass, it is surprising that the chorus is so good. Still, the chorus is a toe-tapping spectacle. The verses suffer from occasionally excesive autotune, but the chorus is just a bunch of dance floor joy.

Rating: 8.75/10

Special Order

A massive drop chorus track, Special Order would not feel out of place on Stray Kids' Go Live. It is a massive dance track, also adding some south-eastern elements through the verses. The undisputed highlight of the song, though, is the massive chorus. Even with the chorus already so massive in its drop, the song continues to build.

Rating: 9/10

Dance all Night

A simplistic dance track delivered entirely in English, Dance all Night is hurt by a terrible second verse rap. Still, the anthemic chorus is a winner, even with the autotune.

Rating: 8.5/10

Be Crazy

A traditional Johnny's entertainment anthemic dance track, Be Crazy is still good. I really love the strings through the song, giving an ornate feel. The chorus is a great one, perhaps the album's best after Special Order. Also, the "Oh"s ending the song are excellent.

Rating: 8.5/10

Lifetime

A slow melodic ballad from the album, showing another side of SixTONES. The verses can prove a little underdeveloped, but the chorus is amazing.

Rating: 8.5/10


Image Source: Janishowa

Comments

  1. I like to check these out! An album review wouldn't mind from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm lazy lol, I don't think I am going to do a full album review for this one (though I will for Yunho's Noir), but for me at least, these are the best songs by far.

      Delete

Post a Comment