Review: Weki Meki - Cool

Review: Weki Meki - Cool

 Weki Meki has been one group I could never get myself into, their music just failed to stand out to me. But with 'Cool', I think they have their best single.

Despite only releasing four singles, Itzy's influence over the modern K-Pop scene is massive. From LOONA's 'So What' to Rocket Punch's 'Bouncy', to much more, many groups are following what I like to call "Itzy-ism". This consists of lyrics talking about being yourself, individualism, you are pretty as you are, etcetera. The club beat looms large over any Itzy-ism based track, with a sledgehammer chorus and chanted elements.

This alone tells you everything you need to know about cool. Itzy-ism is a new sub-genre that is still fresh, and I love almost all of its tracks. But the best element of Cool is the chanted chorus, it feels edgy and fun at the same time. The following melodic refrain helps support the track a lot too. In the end, the track stands out from other Itzy-ism songs due to this.

Rating: 8.75/10

Photo Source: Allkpop

Comments