Mini Song Reviews (CLC, Stray Kids, XUM, Bruce Springsteen)



Mini Song Reviews

CLC - Helicopter

Boy the English refrain in the chorus is cheesy. After releasing their best song in last year's 'No', Cube left CLC some (G)I-DLE leftovers for what seemed a premature death. Member Yeeun's 'Barbie' was so good my hype for this song was really high. The girls give arguably their best performances, but the verses were written to be generic. The chorus and the climax counter the weak sides. It is definitely good, just not great.

Rating: 7.75/10 

Stray Kids - EX

An emotional mid-tempo in the vein of tracks like B1A4's 'Lonely' or BigBang's 'Let's Not Fall in Love'. for once, Stray Kids' rappers and vocalists stand together as equals. I am probably not going to play it like crazy, but I appreciate the mid-tempo ballad's vibe.

Rating: 7.5/10

XUM - Ddalala

The group has a pretty pathetic name (Xumething Unlimited Move, WTH?). But actually, the song is a good example of how to do a trendy hip-hop song right. Once it starts, it never slows down. The drop is fun, and the rap feels very hype-y. It is one crazy ride. This is how to hype.

Rating: 8.5/10

Bruce Springsteen - Letter to You

Bruce Springsteen has years of legacy behind him. Rather than go for hype or dance, Springsteen's new single is introspective and emotional. Its country-ish vibe works excellently with the concept. I don't see me playing it a hundred times, but I will enjoy it each time I do.

Rating: 7.5/10


Photo Source: Hellokpop

Comments