Don't Call Me Album Review: SHINee - Kind

 


Don't Call Me Album Review: SHINee - Kind

I often complain about dull mid-tempo ballads. Thankfully, Kind is the good type of mid-tempo ballad. The basic melody is really, really, good. The production choices throughout here are also really, really good. The piano works so well, that it has an almost soothing feel.

The vocals also come together amazingly. Remember what I said about Key and Minho being solid vocalists? This is the proof. In a song without rap, they show their excellent A-grade vocals. The vocal processing at the beginning is worrying, but the actual song dissipates this worry. I love the vocal contrasts shown in the "You always know" section.

The chorus is healing. The competent vocals come together to make something special. Something hopeful. The falsettos, the dreamy piano, this is how the album should have, and how it, ended. This is the greatest SHINee ballad since Our Page. While I enjoy their dance style, if SHINee went ballad, they have shown themselves amazing enough for me to love it.

Rating: 8.75/10


Image Source: Deforested Music

Comments

  1. SHINee ballads have always been on a whole different level for me and mean so much to me! Some of my favourite songs of theirs are ballads and Kind is such a great way to continue that sound for them. I'm so glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I love SHINee ballads a whole lot!

      Delete

Post a Comment